Happy Samhain witches! This is a time to reflect on the past year and release any negative energies that have been weighing us down. A perfect time to also celebrate the body and soul that we inhabit. One way to do this is by using glamour magick!
This is a time to celebrate our bodies and all that they do for us. We focus so much on the spiritual plane for this sabbat that the physical often gets overlooked, especially for those who don't work with spirits or want to try something new. It aligns perfectly to reflect on any personal style hang-ups we may have. This year, let's try to release those negative thoughts with some glamour magick. By working on our self-confidence and embracing our unique personal style, we can bring more light into the world this Samhain season! I can't wait to discuss how to use glamour magick to celebrate your body and style this Samhain.
Why celebrate Samhain with glamour magick?
Explore our Halloween Collection - filled with fun and sacred pieces to honor this special sabbat!
For every witch who follows the Wheel of the Year, Samhain (All Hallows Eve) is the end of our year. It’s our New Years Eve party! It leads to the wheel turning; the season cycles towards a Winter incubation state that flows into Spring, blooms into Summer, and we come back to Harvest season again. Specifically for Samhain, in the Ancient Celtic times, folks would dress up on Samhain and light bonfires to avoid harm & ward off demons or spirits. The word Samhain is derived from the Old Irish meaning "summer's end". This was a time for community gatherings and was often seen as a happy festival rather than the dark & dreary holiday we know it to be. It wasn't until later when Christianity came along that All Hallows Eve became incorporated into the holiday and thus changed the meaning & feeling around it.
No matter what your personal beliefs are, this is a perfect time to celebrate the body you're in and the style that makes you feel like the best version of yourself! In a period of self-reflection, why not take inventory of what you're happy with in terms of dressing up, and banish any bad vibes and styles that no longer suit!
How do the physical and the spiritual combine at this time?
You may have heard that the "veil is thinning" around Samhain. What this means is that the physical world and the spiritual world are at their closest point all year. This is a time when communication with spirits is at its peak, making it the perfect opportunity to try some magick!
One way to work with this energy is by using Samhain correspondences. What this means is that you would use colors, scents, stones, and other objects that are associated with this holiday to help you in your spell work. For example, if you're looking to let go of something negative, black or orange candles might be better suited. Have this lit whilst you perform any rituals or spellwork, or even as a simple way to honor the sabbat if you want to get involved. I love reading tarot at this time as a way to communicate with myself at what I feel is such a powerful time for divination. Bring in your tools to help - you could use your own pendulum or crystals to inspire a new color palette for your wardrobe and for new accessories to try!
Blessed Be Magick's recommended ways to celebrate our bodies and connect with ourselves this Samhain
As you know, our jewelry range covers everything from protection sigils to goddess symbols to personal birthstones. We believe that every woman has her own personal magick, and that's what we aim to enhance with our jewelry. We've put together some of our favorite pieces to help you celebrate your body and style this Samhain, and here are some additional tips to connect with yourself
- Enchant your day to day by wearing jewelry that makes you feel confident and beautiful. Whether it's a piece that makes you feel connected to your ancestors or a talisman for protection, we've got something for everyone.
- Get realistic with what you've worn over the past year, and what you haven't. Now is the time to donate (or sell) your preloved clothes that will move on to a better place, where someone will find more joy in them.
- Onyx is perfect for banishing negativity and promoting inner strength & courage. It's the ideal stone for anyone who wants to work on their self-confidence this Samhain season! Citrine is perfect for manifestation, helping you to bring your desires into reality. It's a perfect stone for anyone who wants to make some changes in their life or attract more positive energy. Hang your jewelry on or next to citrine and onyx to infuse and direct this energy to you.
- Use a color palette to look at what colors work best for you, and create a capsule winter wardrobe based around this to try out the new style for you for the short season. Review by Imbolc!
- Use your tarot deck or your oracle deck to find what colors work best for you. Pay attention to your intuition when you are initially choosing the deck, as whilst you may originally think bold colors, you may choose a dark and metallic deck instead at the last minute. Listen to what your soul wants.
- Use a vision board of your fave styles as lock screens on your phone or tablet, or as an hourly changing widget.
- Write a love letter to your body as it is now, listing each way that you are grateful for it's specific functions, if you don't yet love the way it looks.
- Write a thank you letter to your future self for trying new things, what has changed in your life because of it, and how it has made you feel moving forward. Keep it safe until Litha then bury it.
What ways do you celebrate the physical plane at Samhain? Have you ever tried Glamour magick at a sabbat before? What tips can you share with us all? Comment below for a chance to be featured in our newsletter! We at Blessed Be Magick hope you have a wonderful Witches New Year, and an even happier, healthier and most prosperous one to come! Until next time xox